Saint Francis Memorial Hospital is a hospital dedicated to delivering high quality, compassionate care and access to San Francisco and nearby communities.
Saint Francis Memorial Hospital is an accredited, not-for-profit community hospital that has been operating in San Francisco since the early twentieth century. Saint Francis Memorial is a member of Dignity Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health.
Located atop Nob Hill, Saint Francis is home to the Bothin Burn Center, largest burn center in Northern California, the Saint Francis Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Institute and Sports Medicine Institute and Sports Medicine Institute, and the Gender Institute, which delivers compassionate, high quality, affordable health services to transgender patients and their families.
Your Health Can’t Wait
We are moving forward, in a measured way, to once again serve all patients now that the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic is behind us and we are scheduling procedures. With the safety of our patients and caregivers top of mind, we are taking steps to ensure it continues to be safe to receive care at Saint Francis Memorial Hospital.
Saint Francis Memorial Hospital is open and, your safety is our priority. We are instituting the following steps:
- Adhering to the guidance and established criteria of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the US Surgeon General, the American Hospital Association, and the leading national associations of nurses, surgeons and anesthesiologists.
- Continue observing a strict no-visitor policy, with few exceptions.
- Every staff member, patient, and visitor will be required to wear a mask and follow social distancing guidelines.
- Careful monitoring of the number of COVID-19 patients in the community – should the numbers increase again, we will reinstate our COVID-19 response procedures.
- Enhanced cleanings and disinfection throughout our facilities and in all operating rooms between procedures and at the end of every day.
- Virtual Care visits with your doctor when appropriate.
- All patients are tested for COVID-19 before surgery and are asked to self-quarantine after the test is complete.
- Accredited by