Community-based Care for All San Franciscans
Everyone is welcome here, no matter your ability to pay, lack of insurance, or immigration status. We’re much more than a medical facility; we’re a health care community promoting good health for all San Franciscans.
We’re part of a large group of neighborhood clinics and healthcare providers, the San Francisco Health Network. In partnership, we provide primary care for all ages, specialty care, dentistry, emergency and trauma care, and acute care for the people of San Francisco.
We are a welcoming and healing environment, offering the latest medical technology and compassionate care for everyone who needs it, no matter your situation.
Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center is a community hospital and Level 1 trauma center dedicated to improving the health and wellness of our community. We provide world-class care for all the people of San Francisco, regardless of ability to pay or immigration status.
- The city’s largest primary care facility and part of the SF Health Network.
- The only Level 1 Trauma Center in San Francisco and northern San Mateo.
- The hub of the city’s disaster response in an earthquake or major crisis.
- Consistently recognized for our excellent care with Centers of Excellence in Neurotrauma, Stroke, and Orthopedics.
- The world’s leader in HIV/AIDS care.
- The largest psychiatric acute and rehabilitation hospital in San Francisco.
- In partnership with UCSF – all of our doctors are on the UCSF faculty.
- Home to 20 UCSF research centers, with research budgets exceeding $150 million annually.
We are San Francisco.
- Accredited by